Email is one of the most important digital marketing tools for modern businesses. After a website or blog, sending emails to keep in touch with your customers is one of the strongest strategies to boost your brand or business. Have you ever heard of MailChimp?
MailChimp is a very popular and well-known website that allows you to send newsletters and emails to users who have subscribed to a list on your website or blog.
It is an ideal tool for conducting email marketing campaigns, with facilities for the design of email newsletters, automated messages, programming and creation of specific campaigns.
In addition, with MailChimp you not only send the campaign to your subscriber list, but you can also share it on social networks or even combine several services.
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of using MailChimp for our blog or website.
Advantages of using MailChimp
- The templates are easily customizable, allowing you to create a newsletter according to the design and style of each company or blog. MailChimp also allows you to import your own templates or it also includes a library of existing templates that can be edited.
- It is not necessary to have a lot of previous experience or knowledge in HTML, since all the tools are intuitive and easy to use.
- It is easy to integrate also in the page Facebook.
- Image hosting is completely free and unlimited.
- You can remove the MailChimp logo from your emails.
- You can import your contacts from other sources, such as Excel, TXT, Salesforce, CSV or simply through 'copy' and 'paste'
- It is also possible to export or share campaign reports in Excel, CSV or TXT files.
- It is possible to compare the statistics of each email marketing campaign.
- You can perform A / B testing with multiple emails.
- You can access training videos and online seminars to learn how to use the tool.
Disadvantages of using MailChimp
- Subscription form templates are very basic.
- With MailChimp you can import as many contacts as you want, however spam complaints are often received or even people unsubscribe after sending a campaign
- Only users who have subscribed to your mailing list through the web form will receive automatic responses.
In conclusion, MailChimp can be a very useful tool for any business, thanks to its great features that make it intuitive and very easy to use.
Email newsletters can be used to send news, important information for your customers, offers, special products or events; Although MailChimp can also be used simply to share the content of your blog in a more dynamic way.
There is no doubt that the disadvantages are very few compared to all the positive aspects of this tool.